Friday 18 March 2011

Evaluation Draft : Question Two

          How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


  • believe that my main product and ancillary text to combine together effectively in working as promotion campaign. The way in which I have done this is through having all three of my main characters on each product. Both my ancillary products work well in representing the concept of my  teaser trailer in being "  Behind the lens " in creating a documentary at night.    
  •   Through my research  I found that  mainstream production mainly  feature there famous  actors on the front of their  magazine and film poster   they are the central  image and are utilized as a means of promoting  the film. However as my production  has more of a documentary  narrative and is independent I decided  that my ancillary  text  would represent my characters as  film makers  rather then as  actors which therefore is  effective as it  creates  a visible  link between all the products and establishing the characters.
  • The title is also important when creating a promotional campaign as it has to be effective so that the audience are constantly familiarised with it. I kept the name of my name very short similar to other horror films such as ‘Rec’ and ‘The Shinning.’
  •  I believe the title of my product ‘Behind the Lens’ is effective as there is a link between the narratives of the film things  being revealed at night  unexpected and the representation and presentation of the images I used for both of my ancillary texts

No comments: